But why traditional razors?
You’ll Save Money
Did you know that the average shaver spends $111 on disposable razors every year? Ouch (and that’s without shaving foam!) A quality traditional razor will last you decades – consider it an investment. Better shaving means more saving.
You’ll Be More Sustainable
Want to do your bit to save the planet? Traditional razors are a great place to start. 163 million consumers in the U.S. bought disposable razors in 2018 – that’s a huge amount of plastic, most of which ends up in the ocean or a landfill. Bad for the environment, and your conscience.
Traditional razors are steel or zinc alloy, making for a more eco-friendly shave.
You’ll Get a Closer Shave
Traditional razors tug less on the skin, and give you more control over the blade. Result: a smoother, more comfortable shave. Look better, feel better.
You’ll Have a Classier Experience
Traditional shaving is masculine. Powerful. Classic. The razors are sleek and sharp, just like the men who use them. They’re the single malt whisky to modern plastic razors’ store-brand vodka. Have that luxury every morning (without the booze).
Safety razors are also great for women. Stop overpaying for pink plastic and try a tool that will serve you for life.
How Do I Start?
We’ve spent hundreds of hours comparing our experiences of the best shave. As such we’ve got lots of guides and reviews to help you make the right choice.
- Best Safety Razor: Expert Safety Razor Reviews
- How To Shave With a Safety Razor – Ultimate Guide
- Best Shaving Brush: 13 Ultimate Badger & Synthetic Choices
- Best Safety Razor Blades: Best Double Edge Razor Blades
- The Best Shaving Soap For The Ultimate Shave – Top 10
Safety Razor Reviews
- Safety Razor vs Cartridge Razor: The Ultimate Fight
- Best Bikini Razor: The Best Razor For Public Hair
- Best Safety Razor Brands
- Van der Hagen Safety Razor Review – Best Safety Razor For Beginners?
- Slim & Fatboy: How to Buy Vintage Gillette Adjustable Safety Razors
- Merkur Progress vs Futur: Which Adjustable Safety Razor Is Better?
- Lifetime Razor: The Only Razors You’ll Ever Have To Buy
- Merkur 34c Vs Edwin Jagger DE89: Full Honest Review
- Best Safety Razor Kit – Our Top Shaving Kits
- Weishi Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor
Shaving Soap, Oil And Cream Reviews
- Shave Butter Review: Strictly Man Supply Co.’s Arctic
- Best Shaving Cream: Top Creams, Gels And Brushless
- Proraso Shaving Soap Review: Your New Favourite?
- Travel Size Shaving Cream: Try This Awesome Hack
- Best Shaving Cream For Sensitive Skin