Natural deodorant is becoming increasingly popular as an aluminium free deodorant. As the world moves towards a more sustainable future, consumers are being more discerning about the products they use.
Why Use Natural Deodorant
Deodorant seems a particular bug bear as an expensive, heavily-branded product that produces a lot of waste. Just like razors, which is why we believe in traditional safety razors as a more sustainable option.
People are also concerned about the presence of aluminium in deodorant and possible health problems. Then there’s the use of parabens in many bathroom products which have also rasied some health and environmental concerns.
While more research is necessary to prove if there is cause for concern, many people are opting for natural deodorants just in case, since the very idea of using alumnium on our skin isn’t as appealing as some wholesome natural alternatives.
Parabens are much the same. These preservatives around since the 1950s have been found absorbed into the bodies of marine animals. It is unclear how damaging these chemicals are and new preservatives are being formulated all the time to improve things. Plus only a very small amount is present in everyday products.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t be extra safe with some of the most luxurious, best natural deodorants.
What Makes a Good Natural Deodorant?
The biggest fear about natural deodorants is they just don’t work. However, many do. Most use plain and simple baking soda to absorb odours – an old trick that has been around for centuries.
This is important because it achieves two things in one. You want to feel clean and dry – otherwise your confidence will take a serious knock. You don’t want shirt stains.
But also absorbing moisture also provides a very practical part of the de-odourizing process by making it more difficult for bacteria to reproduce.
Traditional antiperspirants achieve this by using aluminium to stop you from perspiring. Natural deodorants can’t do this and so rely on absorbing moisture as soon as it is present.
Native deodorant has established itself as one of the best natural deodorants by popular choice. It comes in a stick with a smooth paste consistency and subtle scents like coconut and vanilla.
Native is cruelty free and unisex, making a great natural deodorant for men and women.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride – An oil made from coconuts
- Tapioca Starch – Extracted from the cassava plant and helps keep you feeling dry
- Ozokerite – Also known as earth wax and is great at naturally stabilizing all the ingredients
- Baking Soda – Also known as Sodium Bicarbonate, found in cakes and cookies – a natural and safe mineral that helps neutralize odor-causing bacteria
- Coconut Oil – Also known as Cocos Nucifera Oil – we can’t get enough of it – is packed with rich fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants
- Cyclodextrin – This sugar-based ingredient from corn that slowly releases additional scent throughout the day to keep you smelling fresh
- Shea Butter – Also known as Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, a great moisturizer that holds antioxidants and vitamins
- Glucose – A simple sugar (Dextrose) made from corn
- Probiotics – Lactobacillus Acidophilus are healthy bacteria found in your gut
- Magnesium Hydroxide – Also found in antacids like Milk of Magnesia, Magnesium Hydroxide partners with baking soda to help neutralize odor-causing bacteria
Available in either a stick or a tube, Lume deodorant claims it’s natural deodorant smashes it’s competitors with clinically-proven 72 effective hours.
It’s waster-based so it doesn’t stain your clothes and the formula absorbs quickly so even if you have to use a lot it doesn’t seem greasy for long.
Lume was developed by a doctor and is made from naturally-derived ingredients and skin-safe synthetics.
Lume doesn’t contain aluminum, baking soda, silicone, phthalates, sulfates, parabens, gluten, corn, soy, talc, or coconut oil. You will also notice it shares a lot of its ingredients with Native Deodorant.
- Mandelic Acid
- Arrowroot Powder
- Tapioca Starch
- Isoamyl Laurate
- Sodium Acrylate/ Acryloyldimethyltaurate/ Dimethylacrylamide Crosspolymer
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- Cetyl Alcohol
- Glyceryl Stearate
- PEG-100 Stearate
- Sodium Lactate
- Xanthan Gum
- Sclerotium Gum
- Polysorbate 60
- Lecithin, Pullulan
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
- Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
*Lavender Sage is scented with only pure essential oils. Unscented products also available.
This all-natural deodorant is free of aluminum, harmful chemicals, and artificial fragrances. As if that wasn’t good enough, it’s infused with heavenly rose and vanilla essential oils. It goes on smooth and is absorbed quickly, providing all-day wear with no spotting or staining. Certified vegan and cruelty-free, this fragrant and aromatic deodorant will leave you smelling great all day long. You might even get asked what perfume you’re wearing!
Schmidt’s deodorants are made with plant-based oils and butters like coconut oil, jojoba seed oil, and shea butter, as well as vitamin E so you can smell good and feel good.
This Schmidt’s gender neutral signature deodorant has a natural fragrance of Rose and Vanilla for a luxurious and elegant scent. The scent variant is reminiscent of a fresh bouquet of roses with warming hints of sweet vanilla.
Some users have complained of abrasion causing rashes. The consistency is quite grainy and so this may not be the best natural deodorant for sensitive skin. Instead a more paste-like consistency like Native might be better.
Originally posted 2020-02-25 16:52:36. Republished by Blog Post Promoter